Saving money thanks to the Sun. If solar energy does not save money does it really work?
Solar power from the sun, it is in the light that the energy is transferred from the sun.
That light travels at the speed of light http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_light
the speed of light = 670 616 629 miles per hour
The LA County Solar map is based upon the most accurate large-scale solar model in the world, with solar radiation calculated every 5 feet. 250 million individual measurements include:
California Solar Initiative
Thank you for visiting the EPBB Calculator homepage. The calculator provides an estimated CSI system size and incentive amount of a solar electric system
The Consumer Energy Center went on line in 1995 to offer the public a one-stop site on the Internet for the latest information about energy resources and how to use them wisely in our home, work and vehicles. In March 2006, we unveiled our website with updated navigation and new features.
NREL's PVWattsTM calculator determines the energy production and cost savings of grid-connected photovoltaic (PV) energy systems throughout the world.
If you have a power bill of $150 or more a month, you can save with solar now. Start generating your own power now. Any power that you do not use literally spins your meter backwards and you receive credit from your utility company. Besides saving money the power company can pay you.
With tax credits and rebates you can save up to 50% on your Solar system now, and save another 20 - 35% on you power bills. The cost of a solar system is less than your monthly power bill.
Rent or lease. Cumulative savings over 15 - 25 years can be in the tens of thousands of dollars ($20.000 - $160.000).
Solar is an Investment. Lock in low consistent energy cost now. As energy cost go up you save more money. (7.5 - 15 % annual increase)
Most panel systems have a 25 year Warranty.
If your current electrical service to your home is less than 220 amps - and especially if it has a distribution panel that uses screw in fuses -- you should consider replacing it a top priority.
- Kitchen appliances -- if you regularly use a food processor, blender, coffee grinder, cappuccino maker and bread machines, you'll need plenty of electrical outlets to accommodate these must-have appliances.
- Computers -- which rooms do you have your computers and modems? Consider adding additional electrical outlets or a phone or modem line.
- Ceiling fans -- if you add extra wiring in your home, you can control the lights and fans separately from the wall switch, to adjust the fan speed, as well as turn off the light while leaving the fan on.
- Garage -- Can you use a power tool in the garage without unplugging the spare freezer? If not, upgrade the electrical service to your garage to reduce the possibility of a circuit overload.
- Home entertainment centers - wide-screen televisions, VCRs, stereos, CD and DVD players and home theatres all place large demands on your home's electrical capacity.
- Outdoors -- adding a pool or spa, automatic sprinklers or outdoor lighting will require more electricity.
Homes built 20 years, 30 years ago - or even earlier - typically featured 60 amp to 100 amp electrical service, some with fuse boxes. Today, with computers, central air conditioning and other high-power consuming appliances, most homes need 220 amp electrical service.
Whenever you're working with anything electrical, you should always observe the following guidelines:
- Shut off power to any area before exposing or working on wiring.
- Never work on the wiring inside your breaker box yourself - have an electrician work on this because these wires continue to be live, even with the main switch shut off.
- Use a circuit tester to make sure there is no residual current still flowing to the circuit.
- Wear rubber-soled shoes.
- Only use wood or fiberglass ladders.
- Never work on electrical projects with wet hands, shoes or feet.
- Never touch metal while you work, including pipes, faucets or appliances.
The Solar Energy Systems can be leased, purchased or you can do a power purchase agreement. - You can lease and get in with no money down and save 20-30% or you can purchase your system and own it and save more, or you can do a Power Purchase Agreement, P.P.A.s allow you to just purchase the power you produce but at a lower amount than you would pay the utility company. Three ways for to you win and save money as you go green.